Big-Board Checkers & Jack of All Games April 9th ,
- Arthur Bell rolled over all opposition to win the Big-Board Checkers
tourney Saturday morning, April 9, 2005, at Fix Coffee House in South Bend,
- The games went fairly fast and we decided to make it a double round
- Bell, who was the International Checkers winner at South Bend last
September, won 8 straight for 16 points. He was awarded a numbered checker
- Blaine won the "Jack of All Games" in the afternoon by winning 5 straight in
Scrabble, Nine Men's Morris, Straight Checkers, and International checkers.
- Players in this mixed event take turns choosing which game of skill to play.
Other choices include chess, mancala, Chinese Checkers, and backgammon.
player earns a bonus point for each different kind of game played.
- A special welcome to Jeff Stutzman, a teacher at Concord High School who is
an enthusiastic player on ItsYour Turn.com; Alan Schrader, who was active in
chess tournaments back in the 60's and 70's; and Darien Mattix, 9, the son
of one of the store managers.
- The honor points column for "Jack of All Games" lists the number of bonus