2010 WCDF 3-Move World Qualifying Tournament
The 2010 WCDF 3-Move World Qualification Tournament will be held October 27th - 30th, 2010 (Wed-Sat) in Radisson Hotel at Dublin Airport, Ireland.
Congratulations to Michele Borghetti of Italy!
Michele Borghetti of Italy won the 2010 World Qualifier of the WCDF ahead of the legendary
Ron King of Barbados.
Both scored 23 points, but Michele had the better tiebreaker. Third was Shane McCosker of Ireland who tied Ron 2-2 in the last round and won against Michele 3-1 in the last but one round. He scored 20 points. Borghetti has played for the first time in a major tournament of the English style pf checkers. But, like Lubabalo Kondlo in 20007, he is no stranger to the game. In Italy, under the only slightly different rules of Italian "Dama", he is regarded as the best player of all times, with about the same reputation that Marion Tinsley has for English checkers/draughts. He now has the right to challenge Alex Moiseyev in 2011, which I am sure he will do. Congratulations to "Grande Michele"
Reported by Ingo Zachos - Facebook -October 31, 2010 6:24am
1st 10 finish positions of 2010 WQT:
1. Michele Borghetti from Italy 23pts (SB 417- Sonneborn-Berger )
2. Ron King from Barbados 23pts (SB 412)
3. Shane McCosker from Northern Ireland 20 pts
4. John Webster from USA 20 pts
5. Joe Schwartz from USA 19 pts
6. Garrett Owens from Ireland 18 pts
7. Baghtiyar Durdyev from Turkmenistan 17pts (SB 284)
8. Roberto Tovagliaro from Italy 17pts (SB 280)
9. Michael Holmes from USA 17pts (BS 277)
10. Igor Martynov from Germany 17pts (SB 273)
youthful, 18 years old, Hugmangul Toyeva from Turkmenistan
The youth event has just two players, both from Turkmenistan - Maksat Durdyev, Gochakov Gochmyrat.
Reported by Ingo Zachos via ACF Forum -Tue, Nov 02, 2010 5:37 pm
ACF Forum link: http://www.usacheckers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16579#p16579
2010 Tournament Dates <> 2010 WQT Results Crosstable <> ACF Forum <> WCDF Site