AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL CHECKERS SOCIETY(100-SQUARE)
2005 National Tournament
will be held July 4th - 8th , 2005 in Continental Inn, 2285 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17602.
Lancaster is in the heart of Pennsylvania's scenic Amish and Mennonite
country, with many attractions and sightseeing possibilities. It is located
about 63 miles west of Philadelphia.
Continental Inn offers us the rate of $75.00 per night single, or $85.00
for double, plus tax. Our special rate begins Sunday, July 3. We encourage
you to call and make your reservations at 717 - 299-0421, and be sure to
mention that you are in the Checkers tournament.
Submitted By: Roger Blaine
Igor Rybakov took first place in the 2005 US Championship for 100-square
International Checkers by defeating Eric Volel in the final round on Friday,
July 8, at the Continental Inn in Lancaster, Pa. Rybakov and Alexander
Mogilyansky had been tied at 9 points going into the final, but Mogilyansky
was held to a draw by Pierre Etienne and finished in a tie for second with
Joe Burrell won the Majors division, with Wilner Gaston and Herminio Matias
tying for second.
Final standings - Masters:
1. IGOR RYBAKOV Minnetonka, MN 11 1st trophy & National Champion
2. Alex. Mogilyansky Richboro, PA 10 2nd trophy on tiebreak pts.
3. Kolman Turiy Huntington, NY 10 3rd trophy on tiebreak pts.
4. Wilbert Aly Edouard N. Miami, FL 9
5. Eric Volel Weston, FL 8
6. Pierre Etienne Brooklyn, NY 7
7. Numa Jean-Baptiste Philadelphia, PA 6
8. Willem Blyheid Brooklyn, NY 6
9. Lyublyana Turiy Huntington, NY 5
10. Gerard Landais Dix Hills, NY 4
11. Ernst Gachelin Philadelphia, PA 4
12. Milton Young Philadelphia, PA 4
Final standings - Majors:
1. Joe Burrell New Orleans, LA 17 1st trophy
2. Wilner G. Gaston Philadelphia, PA 10 2nd trophy on tiebreak pts.
3. Herminio R. Matias Collingswood, NJ 10 3rd trophy on tiebreak pts.
4. Herbert Burrell Metairie, LA 9
5. Donell Guy New Castle, DE 8
6. Roger Blaine Mishawaka, IN 6
Reported by Tournament Director - Roger Blaine
2005 Tournament Dates